Thursday, January 10, 2013

JESSICA PRATT

"I never wanted to ever start a record label. Ever. But there is something about her voice I couldn't let go of. And hers must be heard. It's an actual voice. An actual beautiful voice. This ones a classic sounding voice. Not to mention her song writing, recording and guitar playing. Jessica Pratt's music feels like I have found a lost LP of an old forgotten mystical folk singer, that feeling of discovering a record all by myself: Without the help of friends or the Internet. Like Stevie Nicks singing over David Crosby demos, with the intimacy of a Sibylle Baier. I am in love with it. So much, that I saved up and threw all my money to get it into this world. I actually care about it, no matter which way the winds blow."
   
           -TIM PRESLEY



No comments:

Post a Comment